Sixth Month Of Pregnancy – Symptoms, Child Development, And Physical Changes
The sixth month of pregnancy is the starting point; that only one month is left to end in the Second Trimester. Like every month; pregnant women will get new experiences this time too. If some skills are useful; then there will be some problems in the future.
In this article of PregnancyLead, we will talk about the sixth month of pregnancy (21st week to 24th week). You will find everything in this article; from all the troubles and precautions that occur during this period. First of all, we talk about the significant symptoms that we saw this month.
Symptoms In The Sixth Month Of Pregnancy
Around the sixth month of pregnancy; you may see swelling on the feet, ankles, and hands. It is named edema. It happens because the fluid inside the body begins to form in the tissue so that you and your child can get nutrition. Increased pressure on the pelvis and inflammation of the ankles, feet, and hands is due to edema. Mild swelling is normal, and it is a common symptom connected with pregnancy.
Occasional pregnancy is a common problem. Let me tell you that due to the increase of uterus, there is pressure on the lower part of the stomach and there is a problem of dyspepsia. To avoid this problem, drink plenty of water along with fiber-rich food. If not well in the illness, then the doctors give medicines, which is better to take for a short time.
Nutrition needs in a baby’s development. It is the reason that you feel more hungry than usual. You will often feel hungry. It is possible that during this time your junk should eat food, but control yourself and eat it, which is beneficial for you and your baby.
Snoring is one of the common symptoms of pregnancy. Increasing weight can also be a cause for snoring, because tissues dry around the head and neck, causing problems of snoring. During pregnancy, in some cases, there may be signs of snoring diabetes, about which doctors can detect by blood and urine test.
Back pain problem
Back pain is one of the most common symptoms of pregnancy. To prepare the body for delivery, loosen the hormones, pelvic area, and muscles. The weight of the child and the growing uterus increases your stomach, due to which the pain in the back causes a problem.
Body Changes In The Sixth Month Of Pregnancy
- So far, your weight will increase. During this time the uterus usually grows up to one inch or more on the stomach. Due to this, your navel starts appearing outwards. It remains this way for a few weeks after delivery, but after some time it comes back to its position.
- The problem of bleeding gums remains in the sixth month. If this problem is significant, then be sure to contact your doctor.
- As the uterus increases, the lower part of the abdomen starts to stretch. For this reason, stretch marks may occur in that part, which can cause you to feel uncomfortable.
- Maybe you start getting fake Labor Pen (Braxton Hicks contraction). These are contractions living in 30 seconds to one minute in a while. However, such pens are mostly in the third quarter.
- During this time, there is a rapid supply of blood to provide adequate nutrition to the infant. For this reason, sometimes the lower part of the pregnancy, such as the lower abdomen and thighs, can cause nerves (Vairos Vane).
- Increased blood pressure can have an effect on the hands and feet, which can cause stiffness in hands and feet.
Child Development And Size In The Sixth Month Of Pregnancy
Feeling the baby’s development in the womb is the most enjoyable experience. As the child develops, the hustle begins. The movement of the baby in the womb will increase the curiosity of her arrival. Know how the baby grows in the sixth month:
- During this time, not only the weight of the child but the length also increases.
- The baby’s skin becomes pink due to the blood vessels formed under the skin.
- It’s time to get the lungs mature.
- At this time, the child will be very active and will soon respond to the outside voices. By the end of this month, the baby’s fingers and nails develop and appear through ultrasound.
- It is possible that in the ultrasound, you will see the child suck the thumb.
- By the end of this month, the baby’s head is still bigger than other parts of the body.
- By the end of the sixth month, the baby weighs around 900 grams, and its length can be approximately 12 inches.
Care In The Sixth Month Of Pregnancy
Keep in mind that you are now at a halt in which your child can also feel and listen to outdoor activities. It is imperative that you live in a pleasant environment. Stress and distress are not right for both of you. In the sixth month of pregnancy, you have to take care of your daily routine. Apart from this, add the following food should in your diet. It would help if you were more careful during the sixth month.
Diet in the sixth month of pregnancy
Healthy eating habits are essential for a healthy pregnancy. What you eat, what you drink, its direct effect falls on the infant born in your uterus. So eat whatever you eat nutritiously. There may be some change in your choice of food. During this time, you might like that, which you did not like at first. Also, take enough water and eat fast food.
What Do You Eat In The Sixth Month Of Pregnancy?
- Eat an orange In abundance, It contains vitamin-C and fiber, which is beneficial for both mother and child.
- For the supply of Vitamin C, consumption of broccoli, tomatoes, milk, dates, and peas will be beneficial.
- Please do this in the night so that it is not difficult to digest.
- In this condition, it is common to have constipation, so help with fiber-rich foods.
- Iron loss is the highest during this month. Therefore, Iron can take supplements of some iron as well as precious food items.
Do Not Eat In The Sixth Month Of Pregnancy?
Many pregnant women suddenly feel like eating only oily fast food, but avoid eating these things during this time. They may have to face irritation and tiredness due to their intake.
Do not eat high-married fish, raw eggs, and raw meat. It prevents the development of embryos.
Avoid eating soft cheese in pregnancy; because milk used in it is not Porsche, so pregnant women can have food poisoning.
Exercise in the sixth month of pregnancy
Physical activities are vital to everyone’s health. Talking about pregnancy, activity during this time is beneficial for the health and newborn. Regular training in pregnancy is useful. Apart from this, breathing exercises. Below are the names of the task we will do during the sixth month of pregnancy:
- Kegel exercises
Yoga can be beneficial during pregnancy. It increases the muscles of the pelvic portion. Apart from this, the problem of preventing urine during pregnancy also gives relief.
- Chair Pose
Chair Pose is also named evolution. It increases the ankles, legs, and spinal cord. This position is useful in pregnancy.
Jogging is supposed useful in pregnancy. However, while doing it, one thing is to take care of that; you do not tire yourself at all. Slowly jog and always keep a family member with you.
Note: If you are doing this exercise and yoga for the first time, do so under the supervision of a trainer.
Let’s talk about different types of tests this month.
Scans And Tests During Pregnancy In The Sixth Month
In the last month of pregnancy, i.e., the last month of pregnancy, it is also essential to carry out proper medical check-up along with regular medical check-ups. In this, it observes whether the baby is developing well or not. During this pregnancy; general tests like blood pressure; uterine measurement; and weight are taken out. Also, know which quizzes are else in the sixth month:
- Urine Test: The urine test will be done to check the level of sugar and protein.
- Examination of Gestational Diabetes: It is common to have diabetes problems this month. Sugar in pregnancy is named gestational diabetes. To check this, you will be treated with glucose water and take a blood sample first. It is called a glucose tolerance test.
- Ultrasound: At the same time, ultrasound is done to examine the development of the child. In this, you will be able to see the child’s activity and its development.
- Quad screen test: Quad screen test completes at the starting of this month. In this, takes a blood sample of Pregnant Women, and it sent to the test in the lab. Nevertheless, no testing complete in this test. It is only to find out if any other analysis is needed or not.
While pregnancy, some care also needs to be taken; which we are going to tell further.
Precautions During The Sixth Month Of Pregnancy – What To Do And What Not
Precautions prevent significant problems coming. If you are pregnant, you need to take all the precautions even during this time so that there is no problem with the child and the mother having the child. Below we are going to tell you what to do during the sixth month:
- Since now only a few months have passed for the baby’s arrival, then now you start thinking of your child’s name.
- If you have not bought pregnancy clothes yet, go to the market and bring it. Wear loose clothes, which will comfort you.
- Enroll in the hospital for delivery in advance, so that there is no problem when the time comes.
- During this time you can have a pain problem in the body, you can take a bath of lukewarm water to get relief from it.
- It’s time to spend time with your family. You will feel better after spending some more happiness before the arrival of the baby.
- You should not take stress at all, always keep positive thinking and be happy to prepare for your aunt’s child.
Concerns During The Sixth Month Of Pregnancy
As the time of pregnancy increases, there will be some different experiences every month. It is not necessary that all the lessons are suitable. If this is the sixth month’s talk, there are some other problems, which are as Given below:
- One Of Our Viewer’s question: It is common for pregnant women to have trouble with this month. Most of the problem is due to frequent urination overnight. When there is pressure on the bladder due to the increased uterus, urine comes again and again. Also, when a child kicks in the night, the pregnant woman sleeps down.
- Pain in the body: As the time of pregnancy increases, you can increase the problem of having pain in the body. The growth makes this pain of the uterus. This pain called as round nerve pain.
- Loss of hands and feet: There may be a problem of chaos in your hands and feet due to increased blood circulation in the sixth month of pregnancy. It is mostly with women who work in the office. Continually working on a computer has lots of clamors. To avoid this problem, you should relax your hands in the middle.
Tips For Having A Father
There are no more opinions in it that pregnancy is not just a boon for a woman, but it is also less than a gift for the father who is due. Therefore, in such a situation, they should be responsible for encouraging pregnant women. As the delivery time approaches, the woman’s nervousness increases. In such a case, as a husband, you can prepare your wife mentally for childbirth. Apart from this, it is your responsibility to check with the doctor at the right time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to travel in the sixth month of pregnancy?
Yes, if you do not have any medical problems, it is safe to travel during the second trimester. However, be sure to consult your doctor before going for a visit.
Can Pile During Pregnancy?
Problems with constipation in pregnancy are common. If this problem grows too much, then hemorrhoid problems begin to develop. To avoid this, eat as much feces as possible and drink eight to ten glasses of water a day. Contact the doctor if the problem is rising.
Hopefully, you will know the essential things related to the sixth month of pregnancy. These were some of the usual things that every pregnant woman needs to know. If you still need to know the answer to any other questions related to the sixth month of pregnancy, then definitely ask us in the comment box below. Also, share this information with all the women who are pregnant for the sixth month.
Dr. Nutan (MBBS, DGO) is an Obstetrician, Reproductive Medicine Specialist, and Gynecologist with over 15 years of experience.