Third Month Of Pregnancy – Symptoms, Child Development, And Physical Changes
Pregnancy is a stage where special care is needed so that pregnant women themselves also stay healthy and give birth to a healthy baby. Here we are going to talk about the third month of pregnancy. The third month of pregnancy comes with a variety of changes in the body of the pregnant woman.
During this time, the child develops rapidly, which felts now. In this article of PregnancyLead.com, we will give much important information related to the third month of pregnancy (9th week to 12th week).
Signs Of The Third Month Of Pregnancy
1. Morning sickness:
By the third month of pregnancy, the feeling of vomiting and grief can reach the peak, but by the end of the month, this problem will start decreasing. Most pregnant women come out of troubles like vomiting by the end of the first trimester.
During pregnancy, changes in hormonal levels make you feel sleepy and tired. Since the body requires extra blood to supply the essential nutrients in the womb, so it affects your blood pressure and blood sugar level, so that you can feel tired.
3. Frequent urination:
Due to the birth of the HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) hormone in the body, there may be a problem of getting more urine than before. An increase in blood volume puts pressure on your kidneys. Also, the growing uterus puts pressure on the bladder; because of this, you may also have a problem with frequent urination.
A skyrocket in the level of progesterone hormone during the third month of pregnancy slows down the digestive process, which may cause illness. Inappropriate diet can also be a cause of constipation.
5. Vaginal secretion:
Due to the high level of estrogen, vaginal secretion may increase slightly.
6. Stomach cramps:
During this, during pregnancy, the pregnant woman can get cramps and pain in the feet. Due to a lack of potassium and iron can cause cramps during pregnancy.
7. Back Pain and Stomach Pain:
Due to changes in the hormonal level, you may have back pain. Apart from this, due to the stretch in the uterus, the pain is felt in the lower part of the stomach.
8. Change in nature:
Due to the hormonal moves in your body during the third trimester, there may be changes in your life. In such a situation, irritability, anger at the point of talk and crying without any reason are natural.
9. Gingival bleeding:
Changes in the hormonal level can cause gingivitis and bleeding problems. For this, take special care of the mouth cleanliness.
10. Chest Burning:
As the baby develops in the womb, it slows down the digestive process. Your growing uterus starts putting pressure on the stomach, causing irritation problems.
11. Daily eating habits:
The pregnant woman will often have the heart to eat something or not. Also, many times, the smell of your favorite food that is opposite to you.
Body Changes In The Third Month Of Pregnancy
The third month of pregnancy brings many changes in the body. Not only do you have to take the right lifestyle, but you have to take special care of the catering. However, below, we are telling you what changes makes in the body in the third month:
How much does your stomach increase in the third month?
By the third month of pregnancy, your uterus becomes grape-sized. the only stomach, there are other changes in the body for the third month, which are as follows:
1. Breast Enlargement:
Breast in this period begins to be ready to breastfeed so that they can be bulky. Apart from this, the color around the nipple can be darker.
2. Seen Nerves:
As soon as your blood volume increases in your body, your heart starts to pump rapidly. It is common to show nerves on the breasts.
3. Weight Gain:
By the third month of pregnancy, the weight of pregnant may begin to increase. It is okay to grow one to two kg weight in the third month. Since the fetus is still small; then it is not OK to increase the load. However, some women lose weight because of morning sickness.
4. Appear Stretch Marks:
Stretch marks can also saw due to the increase in stomach and breasts in the third month of pregnancy.
5. Dry Skin And Itching:
Due to the change of hormones, the skin may dry up, causing itching problems. Using glycerine soap or moisturizer can be relieved.
6. The Black Streak On The Stomach Emerges:
Due to hormonal changes in pregnancy, a black streak emerges from the bottom of the abdomen for the third month. It is called the Linea nigra in the medical language.
Child Development And Size In The Third Month Of Pregnancy
You can feel the changes in your body, but in the third month, the child’s movement cannot contract. The absence of motion in the womb can make you excited or upset, but do not need to panic. Here, we will tell how much the child develops in the womb for the third month:
- By the third month, the embryo’s shape in the womb is as much as a plum or a lemon.
- By the end of the third month, that is, your child is about 2.5 inches long by the 12th week. It can weigh around 28 grams.
- During this, the heart of the child starts working. Kidney, eyes, and genitalia develop this month.
Third Month Pregnancy Care
Most notable during pregnancy is one of the best care. From your daily routine to your diet, the direct impact does not only on your health but also on the infant. When the matter is taking care of the third month of pregnancy; then the first question comes from pregnant food. For the right care, the proper diet should give first. So below, we are telling you what to eat and what should not eat during the third month of pregnancy.
Diet In The Third Month Of Pregnancy
Before pregnancy, you were eating for yourself and feeding your choice, but now you are eating not only for yourself but also for the infant baby. In this case, it is compulsory that you take special care of your diet. Take special care of what you should and should not eat at this stage:
What should you eat in the third month of pregnancy?
- Rich foods rich in Vitamin-6: This month, the problem of melted butter is enormous. For this, you should consume foods rich in Vitamin B 6. Add eggs, green leafy vegetables, etc. in your diet.
- Fresh fruit juice: It is beneficial to drink the juice of fresh fruit in pregnancy. It gives you all the essential vitamins.
- Carbohydrates: It is essential to take carbs in pregnancy. For this, add wheat flour, rice, and potatoes along with whole grains to your diet.
- Meat: If you are non-vegetarian, eat meat during pregnancy. Just note that this meat is well cooked.
- Iron and folate: Iron and folate are essential for the development of the baby in the womb. There is a danger of many types of physical disorders in the infant due to its deficiency. Therefore, please include iron and folate in your diet. For this, be sure to add beet, Sapodilla, oatmeal, beans, orange, potato, broccoli, egg and green vegetables.
- Dairy Products: Since calcium require for both you and your infant, add dairy products to your diet. For this, take milk, curd, cottage cheese, ghee, etc.
What should not eat in the third month of pregnancy?
The third month of pregnancy, i.e., the last month of the first trimester, after that, you will move in the second trimester of pregnancy and during this time you have to take care of yourself more. Below we are going to tell you what should not eat in the third month of pregnancy:
- Junk food and alcohol: Avoid junk food, drink, tobacco, etc. in the third month of pregnancy. Also reduce the consumption of tea, coffee, chocolate, etc.
- Seafood: Avoid eating seafood during this period, because it can be high mercury, which is harmful to the fetus.
- Canned food: Do not eat packaged items during pregnancy. Whether it is pickle or juice, some chemicals are added to run them for long periods, which are harmful to health.
- Raw meat and raw eggs: During this pregnancy do not eat raw meat and eggs, it contains bacteria called salmonella and listeria, which have a terrible effect on the fetus.
Exercise for the third month of pregnancy
- Weight training
You can do weight training in the third month of pregnancy. It strengthens the body and prepares the body to bear the load of pregnancy. Weight training can be done twice a week.
Running during this may be beneficial if you are already running, but keep in mind that you do not run on a broken road and do it slowly without running too fast. As soon as you get tired, stop running immediately.
Swimming is considered beneficial in the early stages of pregnancy. Your weight in water is lighter than the ground, which will give you comfort. Keep in mind that always swimming under the supervision of an instructor.
- To Wander
A morning and evening tour can be of great benefit in the third month of pregnancy. It will make you feel refreshed, and blood circulation will be smooth.
- Pilates Exercise
These exercises can also do in the third month of pregnancy. Pilates exercises strengthen your stomach, back, and pelvis.
During The Third Month Of Pregnancy, Scan, And Test
It is also essential to have a proper diet, regular exercise as well as to conduct regular medical checkups during pregnancy. Know, which tests and scans does in the third month of pregnancy:
- Check the weight and blood pressure.
- The stomach can be taken to detect the size of the uterus.
- This month you will be able to hear the heartbeat of the baby.
Lab tests in the third month of pregnancy:
- Urine Test for Sugar and Protein Level Investigation
- Your blood sample will be taken to check the RH factor in the blood. It allows the amount of protein in the blood to be detected.
- If swollen your hands and feet, fluid retention test does for them.
Scans to be done in the third month of pregnancy:
- Nucleus translucency (NT) scan: In this, the fluid present in the back of examining the baby’s head. This scan called ’12week scan ‘. The level of this liquid is measured to detect the danger of Downs syndrome. Down’s syndrome is a genetic health status. In the fetus is found in the womb, its development can hamper it.
- Maternal serum test: In this, the examine pregnant woman’s blood. Usually, This scan does between 11th to 13th week of pregnancy. This test is done to check the level of pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A (PAPP-A) and heartburn chorionic gonadotropin (HCG).
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS): In this, Take a sample from the placenta for chorionic villus. CVS Remove sample from the cervix or abdominal wall. Through this, CVS detects the genetic disease in the child.
- Ultrasound: With the help of ultrasound, it helps in the position of the placenta and the detection of amniotic fluid in the uterus.
Can The Baby’s Pen Be Detected From Ultrasound?
Since during this time, the baby’s penis is developing, so it is difficult to detect the gender. The probation made before the 12th week is less likely than the exact result. However, it is a legal offence to know the gender of a child before birth in India. There may be jail on doing this.
Precautions During The Third Month Of Pregnancy – What To Do And What Not
In the third month of pregnancy, take many precautions while eating from exercise to diet. Know what to do and do not do during the third month.
- Make a rich and nutritious meal.
- Relax as much as possible.
- Take the necessary supplement from the doctor’s advice. It is crucial for the development of the child.
- Wash fruits and vegetables at all before eating and keep hands always clean.
- During this time, the problem of bleeding from gums is common, so check teeth regularly.
- Be active. Think of the child’s name, take pictures of children in the room. Doing this will reduce stress.
Tips For Having A Father
Handling the pregnancy is not only pregnant but also the father has the responsibility. Therefore, the father who is to be born should also have some exclusive duties like :
- The physical condition of the pregnant woman is weak, so try to cooperate with household chores.
- The pregnant women may have been cut off from others for their care, so stay with them around them and join them and do not let them feel lonely and do not let them feel alone.
- You can also go out of the house with your wife in the meantime.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I am three months pregnant, when will my due date be?
The due date is the estimated date of birth of the baby. It calculates by adding 40 weeks to the first day of your last menstrual cycle.
Is it possible to detect neural tube defects during the third month?
Neural tube defects are related to a type of brain or spinal cord. It can be detected from the 11th to 13th week of pregnancy with the help of NT scan.
We hope that in this article, you will find information related to the third month of pregnancy. If you have more questions related to the third month in your mind; then you can ask us in the comment box below. Also, share this information with all those familiar women, who are in the third month of pregnancy.
Dr. Nutan (MBBS, DGO) is an Obstetrician, Reproductive Medicine Specialist, and Gynecologist with over 15 years of experience.