Pregnant And Now? 7 Tips If You Are Just Pregnant
Horaay! You’re pregnant. But what now? Your whole life is going to change. There are all kinds of questions going through your head, such as, what should I eat, and what should I not eat. When should I make the first appointment with the midwife? In this article, we explain seven steps that are now important to you:
1. When are you due? – Tips If You Are Pregnant
Now that you know that you are expecting, it is, of course, one of the first things you wonder when you are due.
You can try to count back when you last had your period, but an obstetrician can give you a definite answer when you are due. The midwife uses all information about your menstrual cycle and the data from the first ultrasound, this takes place between week 8 and week 12 of the pregnancy, to find out when you have Computed. Now you know when you can expect your baby!
2. Swallow folic acid – Tips If You Are Pregnant
Every woman said that folic acid during pregnancy is essential during pregnancy. Folic acid is another name for vitamin B 11 or folate. During pregnancy, it is recommended to take 400 µg of folic acid. Folic acid is suitable for the development of your baby during pregnancy. The advice is to continue taking folic acid at least eight weeks after conception, which is the 10th week of your pregnancy. Keeping with additional folic acid afterward will not hurt.
In addition to folic acid, it is also essential to get enough vitamin D during pregnancy. If you are pregnant, it commendation that you take ten µg of extra vitamin D daily.
3. First ultrasound – Tips If You Are Pregnant
To make the first ultrasound, you will be asked to have a full bladder. A little weird maybe, but this has a reason. A full bladder presses against the uterus, which makes the fetus more visible.
The first ultrasound is often the term ultrasound. This ultrasound takes place between week 8 and week 12 of the pregnancy. On this basis, you can see how many weeks you have been pregnant. In the first few weeks of pregnancy, every child grows just as fast. And by measuring the height of the child, it can be seen how old it is. After 14 weeks, every baby develops at a different speed. In addition to the growth and development of your baby, Hered the heartbeat during the term ultrasound, and it takes examined whether there are possible twins or even triplets.
Often only two ultrasounds are made during your pregnancy. The deadline ultrasound around 8-12 weeks and the 20-week ultrasound. During the 20-week ultrasound, the development of the organs takes examined extensively, and then you will find out whether you will have a boy or a girl! Unless you want it to remain a surprise, of course!
4. Nutrition during pregnancy – Tips If You Are Pregnant
Of course, everyone knows that during pregnancy, you may or may not eat certain food products. But what exactly are they? First of all, it is vital to pay close attention to your diet by eating healthy and varied food.
- Raw food products: During your pregnancy, it is best to avoid fresh food products. Pathogens can occur in raw meat. Adults can get the flu from it, but it can be harmful to a fetus. Also, raw fish and avoid packed fish during pregnancy. Because they can contain the Listeria bacterium, and this can lead to a miscarriage. It is also recommended to avoid canned tuna because it can provide the heavy metal mercury. Of course, it is essential to eat healthy and varied food and therefore, meat and fish. But make sure your fish/meat is well cooked, not raw, and not packed.
- Dairy products: For all dairy products, you prefer not to eat cheeses with made from raw milk’ on the packaging. Cheeses made from raw milk can also contain the Listeria bacterium, which we would rather not have. Even for eggs, when you are pregnant, you should not eat them raw. Means, unfortunately, no tiramisu or chocolate mousse because it contains raw egg.
- Herbs: In addition to food products, If you are pregnant, then better than avoided some herbs. These are mainly herbal preparations.
- Fruit and vegetables: Luckily, there are no products in the fruit. and vegetable category that you are not allowed to eat. Always wash everything well.
- Snacks: In addition to all the vegetables and fruit, you can eat nuts, cookies, chocolate, and you name it. Of course, in reasonable quantities.
What should you not eat if you are pregnant?
During your pregnancy, you naturally want to keep eating tasty and healthy. However, you can leave some things better. Curious about what you should not eat if you are pregnant? Then download our Pregnant Nutrition Advice Card.
5. Calling midwife – Tips If You Are Pregnant
After you have seen the positive pregnancy test, you do not have to call the midwife immediately. Of course, possible, but you can also wait until you are six weeks pregnant. You do not need a referral letter for the midwife. The first appointment is often an intake interview. This process can take around 45 minutes to 1 hour. In this interview, the midwife asks many questions, and you, as the expectant mother, receive a lot of information. It is handy to come to this meeting with your partner if this is possible. After all, it is about your child.
6. Exercise during pregnancy
Exercise during pregnancy? Is this possible? Yes, exercising is highly commendation. As long as you are fit, this is only beneficial during pregnancy and delivery. Of course, all sports not tribute during pregnancy. If you are unsure whether or not a particular game is wise to practice, always consult your midwife or doctor.
If you are not a fanatic athlete or if your stomach is just in the way, try something different. Walk, swimming or cycling is also good. The most important thing is that you don’t force anything and that you listen carefully to your own body during and immediately after exercise!
7. Tell the happy news
Have you heard the heart of your child beating for the first time and seen your child for the first time at the first ultrasound. Then you want nothing more than to tell everyone the happy news! Everyone decides for themselves when they bring out the big news, and when that differs per person. Also how you said it is entirely up to you!
However, the news for observant people in your area can no longer be a surprise. You no longer drink alcohol; you are tired; your weight increases, and your partner suddenly pamper you completely. These are signs that a little one is coming.
Now that everyone knows that you are pregnant, you can entirely focus on all the beautiful moments of your pregnancy such as preparing the room, selecting baby clothes and of course being pampered by all the people around you!.